What is Botox
Botulinum toxin is used to treat and to reduce the cosmetic appearance of wrinkles. Botox blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscle can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften.
It is most often used on forehead lines, crow’s feet (lines around the eye) and frown lines. Wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity will not respond to Botox.
Getting Botox takes only a few minutes and no anesthesia is required. Botox is injected with a fine needle into specific muscles with only minor discomfort. It generally takes three to seven days to take full effect and the effect may last for three to 12 months. To maintain the effect, you’ll need regular follow-up injections.
Cost of Botox
Cost of Botox depends upon no of units consumed .experienced aesthetic dermatologist can give you the best result with minimum no of unit of Botox without That frozen look so with experience doctor cost is minimized and you get aesthetically pleasing result.generally no of units consumed for single indication like crows feet or frown lines are 20-30 units.cost of botox depends on unit .
What are the causes of wrinkle
Wrinkles are caused by a combination of factors — some you can control, others you can’t:
- Age. As you get older, your skin naturally becomes less elastic and more fragile. Decreased production of natural oils dries your skin and makes it appear more wrinkled. Fat in the deeper layers of your skin diminishes. This causes loose, saggy skin and more-pronounced lines and crevices.
- Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light. Ultraviolet radiation, which speeds the natural aging process, is the primary cause of early wrinkling. Exposure to UV light breaks down your skin’s connective tissue — collagen and elastin fibers, which lie in the deeper layer of skin (dermis). Without the supportive connective tissue, your skin loses strength and flexibility. Skin then begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely.
- Smoking. Smoking can accelerate the normal aging process of your skin, contributing to wrinkles. This may be due to changes in the blood supply to your skin.
- Repeated facial expressions. Facial movements and expressions, such as squinting or smiling, lead to fine lines and wrinkles. Each time you use a facial muscle, a groove forms beneath the surface of the skin. As skin ages, it loses its flexibility and is no longer able to spring back in place. These grooves then become permanent features on your face.
What are the effects of Botox treatment
Botox is a non- surgical procedure usually performed by a trained doctor with the help of a fine needle, which is injected into the selected muscles. Post operatively there is minimum discomfort and an anesthetic is usually not required. and normal activities can soon be performed after the procedure. The treatment takes around 10 minutes.
The dose recommendation usually varies from patient to patient and upon the severity of lines.
Necklace Lines-are the horizontal wrinkles and lines present on the neck. They are usually formed because of Exposure to the sun (photo damage) ,loss of collagen and elastin,as well as laxity of the platysmal muscle. These lines may be treated with Botox.
– The muscle of the messeter is the main muscle of the jaw and is it is the most powerful muscle in the human body. Hypertrophy is an enlargement of the muscle cell and is a normal result of excessive chewing. The use of Botox is a new approach in the treatment for masseter hypertrophy.
-under arm sweating is a major problem and now with the help of Botox it can be treated. It targets at source of sweating, few tiny injections are given by the doctor; this enters the specific glands in the underarms which are responsible for excessive sweating. Result of one session lasts 8 to 12 months in hyperhydrosis.
How does Botox treatment work?
Botox is used to relax facial muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles. Once the muscles are relaxed, one cannot contract them preventing undesirable facial expressions. These lines gradually smooth and new lines are prevented from forming.
There are usually no side effects. in the amounts used for the treatment of facial lines
How quickly can the difference be seen :-
After taking the Botox treatment within 3 days one may feel a softening in the appearance of frown lines between brows and it takes up to 7 days to get the complete results. The area will continue to improve for up to a month.
There are 4 most commonly seen wrinkles on the face
-These are horizontal lines which appear on the forehead and become more pronounced when one raises eyebrows.
-As As the name suggests, these lines form between eyes and appear prominent when one frowns.
Their shape distinctly reminds you of the feet of a crow and these lines are found around the eyes. They become pronounced when one smiles.
Botox Face Lift (Nefertiti Lift )-
This is a new application with an innovative technique where by placing multiple small injections of Botox along the lower jaw line as well as down the side of the neck along the rear edge of the platysma muscle(muscle that begins on the lower part of the face and extends as a sheet down the neck )it is possible to improve the definition of the jaw line in the appropriate candidate.
Exposure to the sun, loss of collagen and elastin, as well as loss of the platysma neck muscle play a vital role in the making of horizontal wrinkles and lines, commonly called necklace lines, and Botox can treat such lines
It is possible to improve the definition of the jaw line while working along the rear edge of the platysmal muscle(muscle that begins on the lower part of the face and extends as a sheet down the neck).